***For the most up to date information, please ensure you are enrolled in your guidance counsellor’s Google Classroom and either have your notifications turned on, or are checking it regularly.***
Every student must complete a minimum of 40 hours of community involvement activities as one of the requirements for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
The purpose of mandatory Community Involvement is:
- to encourage students to develop awareness and understanding of civic responsibility;
- to increase awareness of the role students can play and gain satisfaction from the contribution they can make in supporting and strengthening their communities;
- to develop a positive image and a greater sense of identity within the community.
As of the 2022/23 school year, the WRDSB is moving toward submission of hours through MyBlueprint. However, the ability to submit through that portal is not yet available. In the meantime, students are asked to submit their hours using the links below. Please click the link that is associated with your guidance counsellor.
- R. Gauthier (Surnames B-E) – ext. 5525
- J. Kreutzkamp (Surnames A, F, G, J) – ext. 5528 (PM)
- N. Biffis (Surnames H-I, K-L) – ext. 5529
- P. Radstake (Surnames M-R, V) – ext. 5526
- C. Kenning (Surnames S-U, W-Z) – ext. 5527
Where Can I Volunteer?
Our community is in need of enthusiastic volunteers in almost every capacity; however, it may seem difficult to find something that suits your interests and abilities. Please use any of the following resources to support your search.
- Your Guidance Counsellor’s Google Classroom
- The Volunteer Action Centre website ( http://www.volunteerkw.ca )
- KCI Announcements
- Your Guidance Counsellor