- Quick slideshow that shows you how to integrate quotations and cite sources (MLA style).
Find Out More
MLA Note-taking Templates
APA Style Guides (Sciences, Social Sciences)
APA style is most frequently used in the social sciences. It is designed for reporting the results of original research, but is also used for other types of research in many disciplines.
- Quick slideshow that teaches you how to do in-text citations and references (APA style)
- WRDSB tips on APA style
Chicago Style Guides (History)
Chicago Manual Style (CMS) is most frequently used in History and the Humanities. This style of documentation requires a bibliography at the end of the research paper, and in-text citation in the form of footnotes.
- Quick slideshow that teaches you how to create a Chicago format bibliography in google docs.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- WRDSB tips on Chicago Style
- All Chicago Manual of Style Templates in one Google Drive folder
French Source Log
- Topic web — Developing Search Terms
- Topic/Subtopic Planner
- SubTopic Organizer.doc
- Identifying Similarities and Differences
- Cause and Consequences
- Pros and Cons AND completed example
- Looking at Issues from All Angles AND completed example
- Questioning Web Sites
- Informal image citation
- Finding Images – helpful ideas
- Creative Commons – find copyright free images.
- Copyright explained
- Other copyright friendly sources
- Library Learning Commons Digital Citizenship page
Academic Honesty and Plagiarism
- WRDSB academic honesty, tips for using quotations, what to cite, and how to quote and paraphrase
- Grade 12 Plagiarism tutorial
- Grade 9 Plagiarism and Paraphrasing tutorial
- Grade 9 Applied Plagiarism and Paraphrasing tutorial
- Grade 9 Applied Hand out and Practice
- Take the test
WRDSB Library Learning Commons