Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP)
Youth Apprenticeship Program. OYAP gives high school students a head start on their career and allows students to earn credits and hours towards an apprenticeship and their high school diploma simultaneously.
KCI offers four OYAP programs: Auto Service Technician, Cook/Chef, Hairstylist and Horticultural Technician
Students applying to OYAP…
- Must be 16 years of age by the time the co-op placement begins
- Must have completed 16 credits with a minimum average of 70%
- Should demonstrate a sincere interest and aptitude for the skilled trades and a strong work ethic.
The 1 & 2 Year OYAP Programs…
- Train students in the Level One Trade Standards of the particular trade
- Provide opportunities for students to begin to log apprenticeship hours through participation in a related co-operative education program
- Allow students who successfully complete their co-operative education placement to be eligible to be signed as an apprentice by that employer.
Applications to the OYAP program can be made in grade 10, 11 or 12. To apply or learn more about OYAP and the opportunities at KCI, visit www.gooyap.ca or contact KCI’s OYAP representative at (519) 745-6851.