Learning Services is one of many services that your son/daughter may choose to take advantage of during their next four to five years at KWCVS. Our main focus is to provide support to students who are identified with an IEP or IPRC, but we can provide support to willing students who are referred by their parents, administrators or teachers.
The philosophy of Learning Services is to support willing students in gaining the necessary academic and coping skills to facilitate future success.
We offer a wide range of support services to help your son/daughter academically. Our Learning Services Resource Staff have experience in all the academic subjects to ensure that your son/daughter can be successful if they choose to use our resource centers or support staff within the classroom.
Learning Services provides support in the following areas:
- ECO Room access for students experiencing environmental sensitivities
- Phoenix Program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Hearing Services
- ACE (Life Skills)
- IEP/IPRC accommodations
- Subject assignments and testing
- Cognitive learning strategies
- Coping strategies tutorials
Students who make use of the services offered by Learning Services can develop some or all of the following skills:
- Organization planning
- Receptive and/or expressive Language
- Study skills
- Time Management
Learning Services allows you to:
- Develop self-confidence in your abilities academically, socially, and emotionally
- Develop coping strategies and skills for life
- Improve your areas of weakness