Learning Services is one of many services that your child may choose to take advantage of during their next four to five years at KCI. Our main focus is to provide support to students who are identified with an IEP or IPRC, but we also provide support to students who are referred by their parents, administrators or teachers.
The philosophy of Learning Services is to support students in achieving the necessary academic and coping skills to facilitate future success.
We offer a wide range of support services to help your child academically.
Learning Services provides support in the following areas:
- ISP Room access for students experiencing environmental sensitivities
- Hearing Services
- ACE (Life Skills)
- IEP/IPRC accommodations
- Subject assignments and testing
- Cognitive learning strategies
- Coping strategies
Students who make use of the services offered by Learning Services can develop some or all of the following skills:
- Organization planning
- Receptive and/or expressive Language
- Study skills
- Time Management
Learning Services allows students to:
- Develop self-confidence in their abilities academically, socially, and emotionally
- Develop coping strategies and skills for life
- Improve their areas of weakness